Regulation is a burden on Audit/Assurance firms and a business opportunity!
Accounting/Audit firms face two challenges:
- Client Services – as business become more international and supply chain more complex, client require expert assistance in diverse areas, including: regulatory issues, cyber-security, tax assurance and data governance
- AML Obligations – governments are increasingly requiring professional services firms to monitor and report their own clients for potential money laundering
Audit/Assurance firms can use GRC-Maestro to implement and evidence strict internal controls over:
- Client Take-on: undertake and record fully due diligence before taking on new clients
- Insider Information: ensure all partners and staff avoid dealing on or passing on insider information
- Employment Practices: ensure all partners and staff strictly adhere to employment laws