Investment Managers/Advisors need to have a controlled process for managing their client portfolios in accordance with each IMA:
- Take-On: ensure the firm managing the fund has rigorous internal controls
- Securities Analysis: how individual investments are assessed and selected, including restrictions/guidelines
- Portfolio Management: how the overall portfolio is managed, including restrictions/guidelines
- Communications: notifying the client of specified events, e.g. regulatory issues, senior departures, changes in process, etc.
- Others: covering a wide range of IMA clauses including: valuation methodology, authorised signatories, etc.
GRC-Maestro evidences to your investors and regulators that you can manage client accounts in full compliance with each IMA and fund prospectus.